Experienced Criminal Defense Lawyer on Your Side
An arrest for a DUI/OVI or other criminal charge is a frightening event. It can affect your job, your personal relationships and your freedom. It can also cost you money, court fees and fines as well as the loss of your driving privileges.
Attorney Rod Mastandrea is a lifelong resident of Cleveland who understands the feelings and fears of someone charged with a felony or misdemeanor. A public defender in Cuyahoga County will often meet people at their most vulnerable moment — immediately after an arrest. During his time at the Public Defender's Office, attorney Mastandrea managed a very large caseload of individuals charged with crimes. He represented hundreds of clients in bench and jury trials at all levels. It taught him some valuable lessons.
At Mastandrea Law, your Cleveland criminal defense, DUI and OVI attorney will not treat you as a number in a caseload, but as an individual who deserves a strong and aggressive criminal defense as well as compassionate, understanding and respectful treatment.
Why Choose Mastandrea Law
One of your first decisions after an arrest is the choice of a criminal defense attorney for legal representation. Mastandrea Law is a good choice because we offer:
- Public defender experience at all court levels, including Municipal Court and Common Pleas Court
- Large law firm experience in more than 40 courts in northeast Ohio
- Small law firm dedication to client service, including prompt return of phone calls and a friendly staff
- Confidentiality and discretion at all times
Attorney Mastandrea is known and respected by the judges and prosecutors in the area. We believe that it is possible to be aggressive in court without alienating the opposing counsel and cutting off the possibility of a productive negotiation or plea.
General Legal Practice for Northeast Ohio
Many of our criminal defense clients have either related legal needs, or come to us for a legal need after their criminal defense is concluded. We offer the same small law firm personal attention and client attentiveness in these areas of law:
- Family law — including divorce, separation agreements, child custody, child support, division of marital property, domestic violence and post-divorce modifications
- Landlord-tenant issues — including lease negotiations, disputes and evictions on behalf of either the tenant or the landlord
- Commercial litigation — primarily leases (drafting and negotiations), contracts and contract disputes for small businesses
Contact Our Akron Criminal Defense Attorney
We offer an initial consultation at no charge and welcome your inquiries. We are available by phone 24/7 and will make weekend and evening appointments or jail visits upon request. Please call toll free at 800-807-6302, or send our lawyer an e-mail. We will respond promptly.